Today we brought some in and the children had fun cutting off little bits with scissors, mixing and arranging them
The big leaves are from Benny's favourite plant, 'lambs ear'. Cameron loves collecting them, rubbing their fuzziness on his skin and calls them 'feathers'
This mini muffin tray that I thrifted long ago always finds so many creative uses. today it was a feeding trough for the farm animals. I love all the purple flowers we found this morning. The aroma was wonderful!
especially when it was all crushed in the mortar and pestle. Next time we will do it outside so that we can add water as that will be even more fun
I got these basket draws on the weekend and they have made the play area so much more organised.
Id not got anything until now as I hate to have too much furniture in a room as it can look to cluttered. It turns out they did just the opposite, I'm glad to have them in our tiny space. One day soon I will take pictures of the play space as it looks now, its changed a lot. (I would have taken them this morning but I didn't want to go get another camera)

This is what I found after Josh went to bed last night. Clever boy:)
I finished this quilt and pillow set this afternoon (from the left over fabric of this quilt:) Unfortunately for our 'Finn baby' its heading to the shop







hey karen
ReplyDeletei remember making 'perfume' when i was young - i always loved it :)
things seem to be going well for you. we haven't caught up in ages - we should do it again soon.
l
x
by the way, the above comment was from me (levin) on helena's computer :)
ReplyDeleteHi Levin (and Helena:)Now that you mention it I remember making 'perfume' too, maybe you got us started on that. I deffinately need to come visit very soon!
ReplyDeletexoxox
Hi Karen
ReplyDeleteThe children at yours have the best times. They are very lucky to spend time with you.
Also wanted to let you know that we are holding a spinning link up at Spinspiratin. The first one! It would be an honour if you would consider linking one of your posts showing your spinning with us. You have learnt so quickly from when you first got your wheel! It is lovely to see!
Best wishes
Kelly
I love the fairy potions and the kids feeding the animals. Makes me miss having a yard so bad! We've lived in an apartment since my daughter was born and she's almost 4 now, but we might start looking for a house this summer. Hopefully we can find one before summer is over, so my kids can do things like this too!
ReplyDeleteI remember as a kid, pretending to make breakfast cereal with the dried hay from the field in front of my house and other things, and in the winter, I'd carve an oven out of the snow bank, and shape a large blog of snow into a loaf and pretend to be a baker! Oh the memories!
Looks like the kids in your daycare are surrounded by such beautiful things... purple flowers included :)
Lovely Karen I enjoyed looking at the photo,s,I liked the things the children are doing what that concerns ,life does not change, despite all the electronic games etc kids still love to pretend and they love making things or helping in the kitchen
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos Karen! I love the animals in the tree, very cute! Such beautiufl colours in the little dolly quilt and pillow. I also remember making potions and perfumes and my two both love doing it as well. WE dont have a lot of flowers around but our neighbour has roses and my daughter made some rose petal perfume last week. Herbs are our choice for fairy potions :). Also I saww a while ago, maybe on magic onions blog making herb bath melts, its just ice and herbs, works really well. I will post about ours one day soon :)
ReplyDeletewhere did you get those drawers from? they are exactly what I'm looking for for our playthings too.
ReplyDeleteYou have created such a wonderful play space for those children. The photos look geat. I too remember making fairy potions as a child, my kids make them now and I love to help, it brings back such joyful memories of being young and carefree and full of the wonder and majik of the world.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful space in your home. lovely xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI love the drawers, your pictures, and your dolls! Do you have plans to put any dolls in your shop any time soon?
ReplyDelete