I made this mat for in front of the kitchen sink to keep my feet cozy. The top is thick linnen, the back is a felted jumper (sweater) and there are two layers of bamboo batting so far. It sais on it 'life is beautiful' because who doesnt need reminding while their doing the dishes? (and beause Ive been waiting for a project to use that gorgeous fabric tape!)
I re-painted the roof and doors of this toy chicken coop. They were brown but I much prefer this red (another wonderful thing about wooden toys, with a little sandpaper, watercolour paint and bees wax polish we can change them to suit us so easily)
I thought id include our 'little yoga' book in the picture, its a great childrens book. Its an absolute favourite with all the day care children we do 'baby yogurt' many times a day!
Weve made our first felted egg ready for easter. Its being used currently as a little bed but i will make more and fill them with something special in a few weeks ready for an egg hunt.
My Mum made this tiny granny rug for the doll house rocking chair, isnt it adorable!
We head of on our holiday tomorrow morning (3am!) so I will be back in this space in a week




Hi Karen :) That's a gorgeous lil mat and the chicken coop is sooo cute :)Thanks for your comment on the market blog. I'm excited and a bit nervous about it all, it gets launched publicly at the next market aaaahhh. hehe. Big responsibility but should be fun. My personal blog has had to take a back seat for now with the market stuff and me being sick but hoping to get something up there soon. Hope you have an absolutely awesome holiday!!!! Can't wait to see the photos from your trip :)Hugs xoxo
ReplyDeleteHello! New follower here. These are so cute, especially the felt egg and the crochet blanket:)
ReplyDeleteIt's all just beautiful... The linen and twill tape, yes. The felted egg, so sweet. The re-do on the henhouse, yes again. And granny's rainbow rug... Just love it all!
ReplyDeletehow lovely karen. i love each picture, and your mat is so fitting. my yoga instructor says we should enjoy the here and now, including the dishes!!! x
ReplyDeletelove the felted egg. Also good tip on the repainting.
ReplyDeletex
The egg bed! I LOVE the egg bed! I WANT a human-sized felt egg bed. Seriously, that is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThe "improved" chicken coop is darling, too. Heck, everything you've shone here is.
You have made me smile. Thank you.
Oh Hi Karen, I've just spent the morning etsy shopping and popped by one of my faves rumpelfeltskin and saw the link to your shop. Naturally I had to hop on over and visit you! I'm even happier to find your fab blog, and I cannot wait for when you get back so I can order some goodies from you:) So excited! I love 'meeting' new bloggers, especially Aussie ones, and at some stage I would love to convo with you re: handmade toys for pre-schoolers! Of course I followed your blog, you can find me at http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ I hope your holidays are going well, Jane:)
ReplyDeleteKaren, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your life on here! What a great spirit you show. I totally am excited about that book on child yoga. I am wanting to start meditation myself, but I haven't gotten into it yet. Maybe if I teach my kids and we do it together it would help me. I am checking that book out right now!
ReplyDelete