Wednesday, March 9, 2011

thursday craftiness

I ran out of the organic merino wool rovings a few weeks back so my blanket hasn't been progressing very much at all!
Im happy to be spinning again now that I have some more.
Today I began spinning some of the light purple I dyed with 'greener shades' dye the other day. It accidently came out in all different shades as id never used a heated dye before so it ended up un even, I love it so I hope I can get this effect again!

Ive also been having far too much fun working on some tiny little quilts for the doll house, I love them!
Ive always had a thing for minitures, I used to make tiny teddies and sew them tiny outfits when I was about 10:)
The mini quilts are hand stiched and made just like I make 'real' quilts. The only difference was I just used calico as the 'batting' (I wouldnt have used anything except the colours might have shown through) And the binding isn't double thick. (oh and the size...)
Heres the back
And of course a tiny pillow to match.
Those little wooden dolls were the first waldorf inspired toys I ever got, when id only just started out my home day care
mini quilts sure do come in handy on a cool autumn morning

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful :) I want to come and play at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to see you spinning. I love those little quilts. Yes, I want to come and play at yours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see images of people lost in their spinning.

    Another barefoot spinner too, my style x

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many cute itty bitty things I could just crawl inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. now that I saw you sitting there spinning I thought I should not have given it up
    Karen I remember you used to make things in matchboxes I who am very impatient was always in awe that you could do that love you Oma

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little quilts so bright and cute, if only I were a little wooden dolly under a warm snuggly happy quilt! I also really like that little knitted table cloth on the dolly table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your mini quilts...maybe I will make some too. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are incredible! as someone who has never attempted quilting, i am quite impressed with your teeny tiny version. i have always loved minis, too! too cute to resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling little quilts, I would love to see how your yarn dyed up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quilts. I am sure the children love to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too love miniatures and am excited about getting my girls stitching with me. We've done allot of sewing but never anything so tiny! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, awesome, awesome. You are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete