Wednesday, March 16, 2011

visitors, autumnness and making making:)

 My sister Anneke has been visiting and brought her adorable puppy Disel along. I forgot to take pictures of us but of course I took lots of photos of this little guy. We had a nice day with Mum yesterday then made carbonara for tea. This morning I had no day care children (poor little sickies) So we took the puppy walking and discovered a beautiful cafe i'd been meaning to check out. Looking forward to going to our local markets together on Sat morning (another thing ive been meaning to check out)

 Heres some autum things weve been doing in my day care... Autumn tree with crayon and watercolour leaves, apples, birds etc.
 Ive been writing down my fav songs and verses and sticking them on the walls to remind me to sing them more often with the children. Its working! Here are our two Autum faves
 (they are stuck either side of the autumn tree)
I made some bees wax autumn leaves and the children helped me string them together and hang them below our photo board
Unfortunately this is our autumn nature table... Yep ill get back to that:)
 heres a few more things ive been making for the shop. This doll quilt is in there (although perhaps not for long, Im way to in love with it he he)
 Ive also been making some organic merino hand felted crowns. This ones in there
This ones a WIP, a few more details to go

My goodness I need to post more often so that I dont have 3 topics to one post! Appoligies about the post overload

11 comments:

  1. Who needs a an autumn table when you have a tree on the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely blessing you must be to the mothers of 'your kids'. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in love with that doll's quilt too! Love the crowns, very cute. I haven't been blogging much. Tired and sick most of the time. Soon though! Can't wait to show you the new blog I've been working on. Should be up and running on Monday. Hope you have an awesome weekend. Luv Me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those autumn leaves! And your crowns are beautiful!

    Becca, MamaWestWind

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, I especailly love the little felted tiara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your work is incredible and your blog is SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the doll quilt and the crown. In fact I like anything small, and pink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I adore the doll quilt! It must have taken so much care. Very pretty items x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a gorgeous puppy, bet his owner is super cool :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those verses are lovely. We have just set up our Autumn nature table and I think i will add those verses to our daily life. Love those beeswax leaves too. Are they easy to make?

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely lovely, karen i always love coming to your little spot. xxxx

    ReplyDelete