Monday, March 28, 2011

weekending

For a long time ive been trying to bring my pot plants indoors but as they arent suited to low light they have all needed to go back outside. Finally on Saturday I got a few plants that are supposed to be indoors! This one is on my (ahem,over crowded!) breakfast bar, I love having it there already.
(purple wooden cave and felted acorns are from my friend Kellies shop The Indigo Forest)
We got lots of firewood from a house up the road. A large pine tree in their yard fell down during a recent storm so they are giving away the wood for free. On Saturday night we had a fire
 As soon as Autumn hits I love thatI can smell a distant hint of fire in the air pretty much all the time outdoors. I love that we were contributing to that wonderful Autumn/Winter smell:)
 I got some stumps to put around the garden for children to climb and jump off. They made great foot stools and snack tables. (and also made it feel like we were at a campsite fire spot)

By the way, we are going on holiday to Queensland at the end of the week and Ive shut my shop already. I will open it soon after the 11th of April

6 comments:

  1. ohhhh QLD holiday YAY! Any chance you are heading our way?? drop em an email jamabby@bigpond.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never get over you on the other side of the globe talking about the autumnal sights and smells, when here in the U.S. we are aching for spring! Although it's not hard for me to use my imagination as Autumn is probably my very favorite season (though I love them all). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wooden cave on your breakfast bar, it's so pretty!

    Though I'm looking forward to Spring, as we've had a very harsh winter in my part of Canada, Fall is my favourite season of all, and no matter what season, I could never get tired of the smell of a campfire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful as always my dear. what is that thing you are holding? it looks like a huge squirrel! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. going on holidays ,hurrah have a lovely time just you and ben? I enjoy the potplant you probably remember the potplants in our place pity we do not live closer to each other I could enjoy your vegetables

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Karen ! hope you have been well -- i love your cave blocks -- Autumn is my fave season -- we are on the cusp spring here in Canada --- planning my mud pie kitchen and the spring nature table -- Rosie is loving the crib in the house center -- we talk about her often and the children play with her everyday ...
    light and peace to you xox

    ReplyDelete