I had some wonderful suprise visitors (I was so suprised and excited that this was the only pic I managed to snap of the arvo)
Our bulbs are starting to come up already. Which is particularly exciting because I bought them from a lady at our local market and I could have sworn she said they would come up in the spring. We didn't have to wait long!
The little boys have been watering them daily. Today I looked back at this pot and and said to myself 'I could have sworn there were only two shoots'
Cameron informed me that Mitch pulled one out of the other pot but he re-planted it for me:) It was just the green shoot without the bulb but still its the thought that counts right
Im looking forward to getting these little plants in the ground
My grey cardi is growing. Ive learnt lots of new knitting tecniques in order to get this far! Lucky for me it didn't notice before buying the pattern that it has 'propper' sleves instead of the raglans im used to. There not even that tricky and now I feel pretty smart:)This evening I decided to go for a walk and wanted to take my cardi to knit but didn't want to take a bag. My genious solution, wear it under my jacket and stick the ball of wool in my back pocket
Its been perfect weather for wandering. Although when isnt it? Last week I thought it was perfect weather for wandering when it was blowing a gale and came home soaked. I do love Autumn
I sat and knitted by the water. I enjoyed the last bit of light and watched flacks of birds play in the skySome how I managed to not loose my ball of wool or my cable needle in the ocean. Always a plus












Your cardigan is looking beautiful - I love your ingenious technique of knitting on the move - I'm afraid I'd probably get into a terrible tangle!
ReplyDeleteCardi and basil plant looking fantastic! I love the strawberries decorating the glasses!
ReplyDeleteLooks like some great spots to walk near you. And wool in the back pocket - hahaha, great idea!
ReplyDeletelook at that cat looking at you! hes thinking " now how can i get that ball of wool !" x
ReplyDeleteYou have a very lovely cardigan and hooray for learning new techniques! I love how you carry your yarn and think I will borrow that idea next time I go for a walk!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I love learning as I knit - it's how I learned to begin with! (:
ReplyDeleteYou know, if it had been me, that ball of wool would have ended up in the ocean within five minutes of sitting down. Of course, it likely would have fallen out of my pocket, too. I have yarn dropping problem. (:
Your cardigan is looking just stunning! You are clever aren't you--wearing it as you go!
ReplyDeleteyour cardi is coming along great! And I love all the gorgeous photos of your walk! Thanks for sharing!! Happy knitting!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty cardi!!! Nice job!!! Your photos are wonderful--I feel I just walked with you to the ocean!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cardi- and very clever way to carry it and knit ;)
ReplyDeleteI have been known to don my apron just so I can use the pockets for my knitting LOL
That cardigan looks like it's going to fit beautifully!
ReplyDeleteI can just SMELL that basil and oh how I love fresh basil! It is way too cold here to even start thinking about herbs. Our rule of thumb is Memorial Day. The cardi looks fabulous on you and carrying-of-yarn solution works!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos!! That cardi is going to be gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteI just love seeing those green sprouts of out black dirt. Knitting by the water is so peaceful isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI love all those lovely little green things. Your cardigan is really looking good.
ReplyDeleteyour cat is so cute watching you looking so cute in your new almost done beautiful cardi. love all your green garden!
ReplyDeleteOooooooh yeah brownies, macarons & bubbles with strawberries what a great afternoon celebration. Congratulations again on your engagement xoxoxo AJ
ReplyDeletei have to make a plan to visit your place....it looks like a calm place......
ReplyDeleteI am loving your cardigan so far, can't wait to see it completed.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet of the boys to try and re-plant! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your little friend there watching you model your cardi. And the cardi? Looking fab!