Now that wasn't a mouth full at all. Joining Nicole today and Ginny tommorow
The day care playroom has had a nice spring (well autumn) clean inspired by my new chair. The room was beginning to feel cluttered so I moved furniture about, put some toys in storage and sent a few things to the opp shop.
Everything left over has had a nice wipe over,a light sand where needed and lots of the wood has been re polished with home made beeswax polish. Every time I do a thorough clean I sand our table a little more. The varnish is almost gone and it comes up so nicely after a polish and stays looking good for a suprisingly long time despite being wiped down many times a day.
Summer books are mostly put away and it was time for the autumn ones to come out.
This is my new favourite knitting spot. The top of the little book shelf is a nice height as a side table and ive put a knitting basket next to the chair so projects can easily be picked up and put down throughout the day. It so nice to finally have a comfortable chair in the room after sitting on a cussion on the floor to knit while looking after children for so long. My back will thank me!
Anyway, on to the projects,
My rainbow blanket is about finished, just an I cord border to go and then ill show it off properly
I began what I thought was a cable baby hat for my godson Jayden the other day but I obviously didn't read the patern properly because after the first repeat it has become apparent that not only is it not a propper cable (not that that alone would matter) but there are eyelet holes in the middle of each 'cable' hmm, not sure it will be warm enough for a tiny baby with little hair, ill probably try another pattern
Ive spent a few months trying to decide on a pattern and yarn to make a hooded cardigan and finally I decided on this Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I dont have a local yarn shop which means I have to buy over the internet and the main difficulty as im sure many of you know is getting the right colour. Today my yarn arrived and its perfect, the colour is gorgeous and its softer than I could have imagined!
The progress on my grey hooded cardi is barely worth showing but im so excited to have finaly cast on that I included a picture all the same.





That rainbow yarn is absolutely lovely! The room is, too. :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to set up a nice spot to craft isn't it! Lately I have taken to sitting on Master D's bed while he and his sister play :-) Your knitting is wonderful, can't wait to see the finished item!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely spot! Stopping by from the link on Frontier Dreams! Will check back again- lovely blog! :)
ReplyDeleteHallie
www.ourbrokenroad.blogspot.com
Your rainbow blanket is so wonderful--it just makes me smile. I love your new chair and knitting area, it looks great. Lastly, that sweater you've started is amazing, I've added it to my queue. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I order most of my yarn online as well, it is always so hard!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cosy spot to knit! Your projects look great!
ReplyDeleteI love your little nook and that rainbow blanket is beautiful! Look forward to visiting more often. :)
ReplyDeleteOnWoodlandRoad.blogspot.com
I love your hoddie pattern. I've used berocco alpaca and it's nice. I love the colour too :-)
ReplyDeleteYou've inspired me to spring clean. Might start with the fridge.....
L
x
Very envious of your new rocker glider chair, always wanted one of those. Your Day Care room looks beautiful, so homely and welcoming to your little visitors.
ReplyDeleteevery time i see your seed stitch blanket, i smile. i do love it !
ReplyDeleteOooohh, all that wool..... I have stash envy ;o)
ReplyDeleteYour little playroom looks lovely and welcoming and I'm sure the children are enriched by being with you.
I really do love the rainbow blanket! I'm eager to see it with the i-cord border. I've read about doing that but have never done it myself. The room looks so cozy...
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
No littlies, all have flown the nest! I, too, have my own chair, knitting close, books, close, computer close, food and potty a bit farther away.......can't have every thing. Your knitting, lovely!
ReplyDeleteI think that would be my favorite knitting spot, too. It looks SO comfortable! <3
ReplyDeletesuch a cozy spot. it's lovely you have it and now with your new chair too!
ReplyDelete