Yesterday I babysat my sweet little godson Jayden
I got a lovely surprise when I went to change his nappy. When Kylie was pregnant with him we painted a bunch of thrifted singlets and suits, id forgotten all about them. His dad put it on him just for me:)
all our walking and opp shopping wore him out
but he had sweet dreams
Its been a busy week. Benny's mum is in hospital, she had a bad accident at work and is having surgeries to fix her hand.
I've been working on a hat that she requested a few weeks ago and I'm also going to bake her some nice biscuits ready for when she gets to come home.
I'm also knitting a snug with home spun. Ive not spun undyed wool with such colour variation before and im trying to love it but still not quite sure
I made a new cover for my rocking chair. I id been meaning to since I first got it. I cant believe I put it off for so long, it ended up taking less than half an hour. I didn't have enough of any suitable fabric so I used blue ticking fabric for the front and calico for the back. I can also have the calico facing for change which is an added bonus. (excuse the nappy hanging over the chair back, a common sight its been wet wet wet here!
I've also got a new apple blossom child, a 13month old girl. she will be with us 4 days a week and i'm relieved to finally have one that isn't close to starting school or kindy. Her first day went well. She was mostly happy, loved being outside, ate well, slept well. I was a bit worried about nap time as our new little Cameron still needs me to sit on his bed with him and read story until he falls asleep so I wondered how I would comfort them both but I amazingly managed to have all 3 children asleep before the end of the first story!
I must say that I do quite like it when I have one that needs me to read until they fall asleep. It can otherwise be tempting to read the quickest story and then race off to get things done. I read the story slower and slower as it helps (bore them:) to sleep. I take deep breaths and yawn as I ive found over time they imitate this and it deepens there breathing too. All of these things are just as good at helping relax me, like a daily afternoon meditation.
We had such a nice day today. I borrowed new library books yesterday and also managed to find a heap of wooden train tracks at an opp shop so the apple blossom kids were pretty happy. We had a train track going from the sleep room all the way into the bathroom! It can be incredibly noisy having all these little boys inside when its raining outside but I generally love the happy chaos of it all






Sounds like a wonderfully peaceful nap time routine you've got going on there :)
ReplyDeleteI love your new rocking chair cover!
Guess what? we had rain here today and we also got the train set out!!
ReplyDeleteHope Benny's mum is doing ok and that her hand surgery went well.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of rug is that under your beautifully covered rocking chair?
Your chair cover looks really nice - isn't funny how we put off something for so long and then when we get around to finally doing it, it doesn't take as long as we thought!
ReplyDeleteThe hat is going to look really good!