
I got the little cupboard on Sunday and have started turning it into a play kitchen. I cut a sink hole, put a metal bowl in as a sink, added wooden draw nobs for the stove and tap nobs.
Benny is making us a stainless steel tap and stove elements at work. I love that he loves to help me with my making projects. He always thinks of good ways to make things that I never would have thought of.
I was planning on cutting off the top shelf as I thought the shape would be cuter but instead I think I will keep it. Its always nice to have an extra shelf that the children cant reach!
You can see on the left side I have curved the cupboard side. The right side is still as it was. I will get to that perhaps next weekend. I still need to borrow my Dads edge trimmer to curl all the edges and corners too.
I also added cup hooks and hooks on the side for oven mitts and aprons.
I was going to needle felt some eggs but didn't get around to it. Now I see there is no need (they made their own with play dough. Yes I am reminded, less is more
Muffins bake in my oven and theirs. The play silk is the 'hot'
bulbs are beginning to bloom in the garden and we brought this pot inside. We cant help sing on our favorite songs. Indeed Spring is coming! Not for a while, but we can feel it in the air and smell it in the breeze







What a fabulous toy - the kids will have an amazing time with it.
ReplyDeleteOh and you and Ben make a fabulous team :)
L
x
Thanks levin, im so pleased to have found it especially so soon after we were just talking about how expensive they are new. Benny and i do make a pretty good team:)
DeleteThe playsilk is the 'hot'. Oh my goodness, that nearly floored me, it was so cute. Kids are just so resourceful and clearly you are too!
ReplyDeleteI know, arent they clever, i love when they suprise me with creative solutions!
DeleteI am really loving watching your day care evolve. I know that the kids in your care are blessed to be with you.
ReplyDeleteIt certanly has evolved over time hasnt it, im so happy with the natural path were on now. Lovely to hear from you, hope you and your littlies are well:)
DeleteSo nice... my daughter always wanted a place like this to play... such a nice thing to do for the children.
ReplyDeleteThankyou! If your daughter didnt end up with a play kitchen i bet she had just as much fun in the 'big' kitchen :)
DeleteThis is so great! We are planning to make my little man a his own "kitchen" for Christmas, can't wait to see what he makes first.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your kitchen makings, i look forward to seing it take shape on your blog
ReplyDeleteOh, how very clever and sweet!
ReplyDeletethankyou:)
DeleteYou did a great job on the kitchen! I love all of the action shots, of the children playing with it.
ReplyDeletearen't they sweet. It was fun seeing them all enjoy it, well worth the effort of finding and modifying it
DeleteIt turned out so great, Karen! I keep meaning to make more play food for my girls but they tell me their blocks make *the best* food because it can be anything. :)
ReplyDeleteyes blocks and puzzle pieces, we had alphabet soup made of puzzle numbers today (because letters and numbers are all the same to the young folk:)
DeleteWhat a cute play kitchen!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet kitchen!
ReplyDeleteLove this!
ReplyDeleteThat's fantastic Karen! how clever you are.
ReplyDeleteI would like to make some animal shaped boards, like you have on your table, and I seem to remember seeing a tutorial for them on you blog a while ago but I can't find it. I just wanted to ask what you treat the wood with?
yay, we love our animal boards, im sure your lot will love them too! I some times polish them with bees wax/olive oil polish http://www.amberdusick.com/woodmouse_loves_crafts/2010/07/how-to-make-beeswax-wood-polish-woodmouse-recipe.html
Deleteand sometimes I just rub olive oil on them which does the job nicely too
Hi again Karen, thanks for the wooden board info.
ReplyDeleteI was just at my sister in laws and saw an old cupboard (not as nice as yours) that I informed her was begging to be turned into a play kitchen! - take it, she said!!
Yeh, I'm going to have some fun with this, I just have to convince hubby to let me use the electric tools!!
Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!
yay, before and after pictures please please please!:) play kitchen making is so fun
Delete