(yes I still have that song in my head)
on Sunday I needle felted this little bird using this tutorial .
I made the nest from the brown fleece I washed a while back and the bird and eggs from another fleece from Moseley park farm. I sewed the head on rather than just felting it on so that it would be a bit more solidOnce the bird was complete into the dye pot she went with some greener shades dye
Once dry I added a sweet little face.
I showed it to the boys this morning and they loved her!
As soon as I saw how much they liked the her I remembered that last week they had been carrying around a metal bowl with bark chips as eggs and a ball as a mama bird. How funny that I coincidentally happened to make just what they had imagined!
They had fun pretending the eggs were hatching and then pretending the eggs were baby birds. The baby birds would sit on mama birds back to fly around the room. They then found blankets and became the baby birds hatching from the eggs in their very own cozy nest
Excitement in the garden, I discovered the first self seeded tomato plant already! this inspired me to plant some seeds in trays. After planting a large tray of tomatoes I wondered how many I had. Um... 48! Just slight overkill for my little garden, can you tell i'm excited for tomatoes and for spring planting? Im sure ill be able to find willing recipients for some spare tomato plants. I also started some chamomile, chives, capsicum, basil and I cant remember what. I put some clear containers over them to hold in some heat








Oh I love it!! So Sweet... I think I might have to pop over to Pinterest and get some ideas for my felting...
ReplyDelete