Today- spring onions and celery for tonight's chicken soup, Chinese cabbage for coleslaw. And again with the peas. Oh yes we love peas!
As much as I like planting, growing and harvesting, I'm not a big fan of washing the freshly picked veg. A few weeks ago it occurred to me to let the Apple Blossom kids take over the veg cleaning. Because whats more fun than bowls of water, scrubbing brushes and a whizzing salad spinner. It takes a ridiculously long while for the veggies to get clean but I have some very willing helpers.
After these pictures I filled the big tub too and they added their own 'sharks' (big Cameron had a little shark toy from home, our new friend little Cameron improvised using our veggie scrubber as his own shark, Mitch had wondered off to play in the kitchen some more ) The sharks so happily hid and swum through the celery swamp that I felt sad having to take them inside for nap. Some days flow so nicely




My little man loves to wash the veggies. Love the creativity of their "shark" play.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend.
Im having a nice weekend out in the sunshine so far, hope you have a wonderful weekend too
DeleteWow! Your vegies look so yummy Karen. I've been missing my vegies garden alot lately. Can't wait to start another one.
ReplyDeleteI've said it before but those kids are so lucky to come play with you :)
I so enjoyed seeing your old veggie patch at rainbow love farm, hope you can grow a few nice things where you are. Im lucky to have them too, their zest for life is good for my soul:)
ReplyDeleteEverything looks good especially your broccoli, I've never had much luck with them they always flower before they get bulky enough to eat. I love seeing children in the garden it's like they're naturally drawn in as they look for hidden "treasures"
ReplyDelete