Sunday, June 16, 2013

centripetal progress

 Oh my goodness, I cant believe how fast this is knitting up! I guess 6mm needles will do that.
I only got the wool on Friday and we've had a busy weekend but I've taken it along and its grown and grown.
 I've finished both of the sleeves
 The back piece (and the buttons for it arrived)
So now i'm working on the big circle piece. I learnt German short rows and let me just say, Germans know what there doing when it comes to short rows. They are less fiddly than the ones id learnt before and end up neater too
Here's a picture of the fabric I used as a background for these photos. I got two fat quatres at my dads work friends garage sale and its my very favorite! Now I need to figure out what I want to make with it because it needs to become something really great.

Benny used to play golf with his parents when he was younger and hes recently started going out again. He absolutely loves it and I love seeing him excited and tagging along to find mushrooms with his mum. Last night I made bacon and mushroom carbonara, yum!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, your really booking it with your knitting!
    It's looking lovely, I'm going to google german short rows now as I have no idea what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous knitting! And the buttons? LOVE! And the fabric... Yes! So much goodness...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the second time in a week that I've heard of German short rows. Going to have to check this out! Sweater looks beautiful. Found you through Ginny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Short rows with cables ... oh my goodness! That looks beautiful, may I ask what the pattern is? I will have to look into German short rows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are the short rows the ribbing? This sweater is really going fast, and I love the buttons. That fabric is really special, too. Have fun coming up with its special purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking gorgeous and it's obviously FLYING off the needles. Love projects like that :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! yay! lovely fabric also! can't wait to see the finished object :)

    ReplyDelete