Tuesday, June 25, 2013

winter solstice centripetal

 Yippe, I finished it!! The cables did get a bit tedious towards the end but its so worth it
 I was worried about how the sizing would end up because of using different yarn. It turned out shorter in the body then I would of liked but not too short that id like to knit it again. I'm thinking it will lengthen a little when I block it. I hope. With the weather at the moment it would take a few days to dry so i'm guessing it will get its first blocking when it gets dirty enough to need a wash. For now its staying wrapped around me, all cozy and warm.

Iv'e got to add some button loops (as its currently held together by a dpn or safety pin) and weave in ends and then ill call it done
here's a picture of the cable piece before I sewed it together
While I was blocking the sleeves and back piece I also blocked this little cardigan that I finished a good while ago. Its nice to see it blocked. I don't often bother with blocking but for this little cardigan it made a huge difference
the blanket is coming along nicely
Here's our winter solstice apple cinnamon cake. We've been baking for quite some time now without milk and eggs because we have a little one with allergies. Iv'e been experimenting and trying to make some thing that's also low sugar, somewhat whole meal and still enjoyed by all. This one was delicious! It was the exact same recipe as we use for muffins every week but the cake shape made it sooo exciting for the little people. I will for sure start making this for their birthdays

7 comments:

  1. Finished already! that was quick!
    It looks fantastic. I like the length.
    Blanket is coming along nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweater. I can't wait to see your blanket. That is one of my favorite patterns. I have been wanting to try it but a little afraid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweaters are both really cute. I don't often bother with blocking either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cardi. That looks like a clever design.
    I'd agree staying warm is preferable to waiting two days for the sweater to dry.
    Pretty blanket you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthday cake??? I haven't had any birthday cake yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did finish it! What an undertaking. It's just beautiful. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete