I knitted another pair of stripey madelinetosh socks. I used the same pattern as my other pairs.
As you can see in the picture I really should have taken a photo before wearing them while caring for small children. Oh weal, its an accurate picture of what my socks generally look like- play dough crusted.
I received my wool for my Centripetal today, yippee!!!! Its not the wool I had planned on using but oh i'm glad to have this instead. I'm in love with these giant skeins. I almost want to use one as a pillow, its so soft. It also helps that it makes big novelty sized balls. The day care children were so excited for me to get out the skein winder and swift. (so excited that I almost needed ear plugs;) The wool is a bit thinner than I needed so i'm knitting a larger size with a smaller gauge. We will see how that goes.
On the weekend my dad and I went to some garage sales. I picked up this little cupboard. I've been keeping an eye out for something to raise the doll house off the floor for a good few years now and finally here it is. From the same garage sale I got a lovely house plant for 80c, what luck!
Then on Wednesday I found these doll house dolls for 10c each at my favourite opp shop, perfect!
Maddison picked up the two on the left and said 'hey we visited them in Adelaide' I asked are they my Oma and Opa? and she said yes:)
So the new little dolls are Oma, Opa and their grand children





Oh I love the little dolls, so sweet especially the first one on the left. Looks like you found some nice treasures.
ReplyDeleteI really need to try this toe up two at a time sock deal! I'm making myself a pair at the moment but using the old cuff down dpn method, which works just fine but, well, every time I make things with dpn's I always end up loosing one - it's really rather frustrating!
ReplyDeleteWe have dolls like yours, in fact we have the twin sister of the grandma!
Looking forward to pictures of your centripetal.
Have a good weekend.
Lovely socks. I need to make more time to knit a few things.
ReplyDeleteHi Karen
ReplyDeleteGreat to see Benny enjoying time with his Mum. Ian loves visiting his mum and he generally drops in Wednesday night after work for a chat and they have a beer together . I see your cardigan is coming along .This is going to look great on you. I love the buttons . I love the comment about the dolls reminding the children of your Oma and Opa . Isn't that just the cutest comment.Hope all is well with you both. Love Auntie Tine xx