Its crazy how fast plans can change. Yesterday I had things all figured out, today.... well I still do but there different than how I expected.
Yesterday I found out two of my main day care kids are moving interstate.... at the end of next week! It was a sudden decision for their family and one that I completely understood. Ill miss them but i'm happy for them all.
There is the issue of my pay being halved all of a sudden and a wedding in 6 weeks with things not yet paid off. I admit that I was freaking out a bit. I called Benny sounding rather dramatic and told him what was going on. His reply- 'oh that will be fine, it will work out! I thought you were going to say Bitey (his pet gallah) had died, this isn't so bad". Yep hes awesome. He takes everything in his stride. Id be so lost without him to make me instantly calm in overwhelming situations. We've figured it out and all will be fine with the wedding.
There may be a silver lining anyway. The other week my friend was talking about how much the child care center she and her mum work at is struggling to get experienced workers. I wished I could help but had enough on my plate. Now I suddenly have a lot less on my plate.
So change is OK. Ill be happy with less work or ill be happy with new work. The new work is in our new town which would be great and it would be fun working with them for a while. Ill still be starting A B Day Care as soon as I move but but extra work in the meantime would make things a bit easier
anyhow, here are some photos of the little girls picking flowers and peas. I'm going to miss my 'little girl Thursdays'. That's something I didn't imagine saying any time soon. It was so full on to start with having the three littlest girls (plus 3 year old) all at once that I admittedly didn't look forward to Thursdays for a while there. Now that they've grown that little bit, two have just turned two and everything's so much more relaxed and I adore having them all together. I've even been taking them all for little walks with no pram now that they are all good with holding hands across roads. I almost feel a bit cheated (not by anyone, just by life I suppose you could say) that I put so much effort into getting this far with them, getting them all used to sharing, playing gently, sleeping together in one room and all sorts that's been hard work, but don't get to enjoy the long term benefits of all the work. But that's life and it was going to happen soon with the move, just I wasn't quite ready for it yet. Its hard letting go of children that I've spent a lot of time with and love so much but I know good things await me too. I think my day care will be pretty much full right away. I've got 8 kids on my waiting list and 2 more 'maybes' so as long as they haven't found other care by the time we move I will be all set. This is definitely a relief as it took a long time to get enough work to start off with where I am now. I'm so impatient to move but enjoying the now too. This morning was one of those mornings that just goes completely perfectly. 8.30 the first two girls arrived and the next two weren't coming until 10. We went out to the veggie patch and the two girls got completely into their imaginary play, playing doctors, baking muffins and all sorts. Its so lovely to hear them chattering away to each other while I weeded. Once the others arrived we made muffins and then stayed outside until nap time It was windy so it was especially fun playing with play silks and throwing them up to be blown about. We munched on peas and sang songs on the grass It was lovely warm spring weather until we came in and then all of a sudden the clouds opened up and it poured and poured. All that rain made me feel so lucky for the perfect warm morning we had
Anyhow, this post is feeling awfully rambling already so THE END:)






so glad things seem to working out - isn't it great to know you got the perfect person to be with?
ReplyDeleteWill keep you in our prayers for all the changes happening - and the wedding as well!
blessings
Karen
Sorry for the sudden change! If only I lived there, I'd LOVE to have my girl stay at your daycare! We haven't even used childcare yet, so that says a lot ;)
ReplyDeleteLife's curve balls, I understand this all to well. I view it as life saying it's time to grow no matter the obstacles. My daycare has dissolved into 'as you need it' babysitting since my son was born. I hope to get back into the swing of things eventually. Be well.
ReplyDelete