Tuesday, August 27, 2013

peas, beans and house hunting

 Yesterday was the nicest day. My cousin Lil visited with her friend Elle and another friends baby that she looks after. We sat and sipped tea all morning and it was beautiful and spring-like outside. After they left I went out and puller out loads of knee high nettle plants. I always forget how much the warmth makes me want to be in the garden. Slowly the weeds are getting under control and I can see more and more plants that I had forgotten were hiding beneath them
 Afterwards I picked peas and spinach for tea. I could have sworn I picked each plant bear but this morning Angus wanted to take peas to playgroup and we managed to find another big handful. I suppose they like the warmth too!
 Its only the end of August and were not meant to start looking for a new house until after the wedding (mid october). Once the wedding's over we will be able to afford to rent two houses for a short while so that I can get the new house approved for my Family day care before I finish working here.
But already I've found one that I so badly want. I've been eyeing it off for a little while but I thought it was across the road from mcdonalds. What a waste of a perfectly wonderful house I thought, as I had no intentions of looking at mcdonalds every time I left my house. Well anyhow, I had it mixed up with another house and 'my' house is actually in a completely lovely spot.
So now I need to cross my fingers that it doesn't get rented out in the next two and a half months. If it does i'm sure something else nice will come up, just like this one did after my last favourite one became unavailable, but i'm crossing my fingers all the same.
 Its a lovely old place with beautiful polished floor boards, big windows, fire places, a wonderful garden full of pink evening primroses, climbing vines wraped around the poles and fences. A big shed and under cover barbeque area  for Benny. Sigh, so perfect, I want it!
Truly though were not very fussy so I know we'll find something perfect. I love looking at houses that we might move into, its so exciting! Its so much fun, dreaming and imagining us in all the houses


 My broad beans have been flowering for a few weeks now but still no beans. I always forget just how long broad beans take, so much slower than peas but worth the wait for sure

 I planted a lot of broad beans this year, my Oma loves them so I planted plenty enough to share. I think of this as my mini broad bean field:)
 Im always pleased to see the bees doing their job, keep going little bees, we want loads of beans please

8 comments:

  1. Love the little wander through your garden...I was very surprised when I planted broad beans ...thought they would never bear fruit for awhile! Hard to get on top of the weeds isn't it?!So exciting to have found your dream house...sounds perfect...if it is meant to be it will happen for you! Sorry I haven't stopped by recently...been so busy setting up for FDC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get your house too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed for you, sounds like a lovely house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “I love looking at houses that we might move into, its so exciting! Its so much fun, dreaming and imagining us in all the houses” - Me too! House hunting can be physically exhausting, but it's mind-blowing! Imagining yourself at a certain house gives you a chance to assess if the new place is good for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Lakisha. House hunting is physically and emotionally tiring, but it's nice to imagine yourself living in a certain house. It'll be easy for you to select the right place when you can see yourself making new memories there. Moreover, you should make sure that it can't hurt your budget, especially when paying the mortgage terms. :)

    Calvin Mordarski @ CityBlockTeam.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Expect, but not too much, to avoid disappointment. Even if you won't end up closing a deal with either of the houses, remember that there are lots of other choices out there. You can always find another one, much better than your first choice. It's just a matter of thorough research.

    -Armandina Skerl @ Tennessee.ChurchillMortgage

    ReplyDelete