Monday, August 12, 2013

rainbow angels and more wooly leaves

 today on this sunny and beautiful day I was playing with silk rainbows again
 making some angels to softly spin above our heads
 To float harmoniously above
 Now they just need a ring to hang from. Ill weave one from grape vine tomorrow
 My wool leaves blanket is coming along nicely. It won't be long until its finished. It almost feels as though ill miss it, the rhythm and flow of the counting, increases and decreases... but there's always a new project around the corner...
 This is how i'm knitting it flat. I use two sets of circulars

 I love love love this pattern. I love knitting it and I love the way it looks. I have no idea how ill block it flat though, any one know how to block a blanket?

6 comments:

  1. Ah, now I see how you work with two circulars. I'm making a scarf with a similar motif (ferns) which is meant to be blocked at the end but I kinda like it all bumpy and squishy, I'm not even sure if I will end up blocking it.
    Love your play silk angels. I must look online and see if I can find some silks to make a lovely mobile like yours. Great idea to make the hoop from vines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I blocked a shawl I spread towels under it and pinned it liberally. Its amazing what blocking can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little silk angels are so sweet..I used to make them with muslin...you have inspired me to make some with my girls! And I am in awe of your knitting...just beautiful, I'm still on scarves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful idea for a mobile. That blanket is turning out lovely as well. I am not sure I would want to block it, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've pinned a damp blanket on towels on a bed in our house...and I've also carefully ironed with a wet washcloth between the blanket and the iron (acrylic). Be careful what pins you use. It would be a tragedy to get rust spots on this lovely blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Those playsilk angels are so beautiful and the blanket looks super cozy. You are inspiring me to make some things for our home. :) Angela at sunnysweetlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete