Friday, August 9, 2013

friday

 Every time I sit down to knit I have a helper. Its handy using two separate circulars to knit this blanket, not only for it to be able to sit flat on my lap to keep me warm as I knit but also maddy can use the 'other end' needles for her own 'knitting' (she weaves the knitting needles through the lace holes:) I'm thinking it might be about time to introduce her to some finger knitting
 the play silks have been heading outside with us each day
they love climb high
 and hope the wind catches them on the way down!

Ive just started using my Apple Blossom Family Day Care Facebook page and would be appreciative if you would pop past and like it. I'm planning a give away of a rainbow play silk which I will announce there next week. Once I get to 50 likers I will draw a name and the winner will receive one of my hand dyed rainbow play silks!


 After all that play its time for morning tea
 They were sitting there and Maddy said in such a concerned way 'but dolly doesn't have anything to eat' so they each share their muffin with him
 peas peas and more peas will soon be upon us. We have a few peas growing elsewhere in the garden. When I first gave each child a pea I think only one said he liked them and a few other tried them. Yesterday I remembered this, now 5 of the 6 apple blossom children love them, the other carries them arround and does have the occasional nibble. Its amazing how seeing something grow tempts even the pickiest eaters to try. Tomatoes were the same in summer. There still asking when the tomatoes will be back

Here's the very first pea on our pea cottage!

8 comments:

  1. The playsilks just look amazing outside, so bright and they really pop. I think I will have to give dying some a try. The photos of your daycare look so fun, what a great place to spend your days. Whats the blanket you're making?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes do, its so fun playing with the colours! The blanket is here
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/karen88/wool-leaves
      the back is showing in this picture above

      Delete
  2. Your playsilks are wonderful, (I'm not on facebook so I can't comment there) and so is your blanket. But how do you knit with two circular needles? Is the work just shared out between them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my newest post Ive showed a picture for you of how I knit with the two circulars. I find it a great way to knit such a big project

      Delete
  3. Oh playsilks outside, so much fun!!! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, its the best place to be! Happy weekend to you too

      Delete
  4. posts like this do a heart good. I love your little knitter helper, that is so sweet as well as the dolly needs a bite story. SO adorable. I can't wait for our pea teepee next year. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed it, it was a lovely morning. Pea tee pees are such fun, to think, your little one will be big enough to play in one next year:)

    ReplyDelete