Sunday, October 24, 2010

New washing machine

 Last week we got a new washing machine and dryer and Mum asked for a picture so here it is! (and my pretty new surfie pics I put up, I couldn't leave them out)
 I must say, its much easier to use then a twin tub that doesn't like to spin clothes and would rather not drain out the water.
Now I have washed every machine-washable thing in our house and some other things ie: my pillow which is now very lumpy. I guess pillows don't like to be machine washed. Hmm
Now I'm eagerly waiting for more things to get dirty so I can do another load. Lets hope this enthusiasm lasts. I'm fairly certain it wont but ill enjoy it for now!
Friday morning some kidlets helped me put a load in and just after it started they noticed a tiny bug inside. I couldn't figure out how to get it out so I told them he was going swimming. Oops, luckily they forgot about him!

We've had a busy weekend getting together with friends, lots of fun! Benny and I spring cleaned our house yesterday, everythings fresh, tidy, organise and new. Life is good! 

3 comments:

  1. some days when i spend the whole morning dedicated to washing in the twin tub i wish i had an automatic. but then when i have to felt something.......
    the twin tub can be a curse but it also has it's great points (when they work).
    i have picked up the garage/petrol station for you and i will sort out some puzzles for you and then we must organise i time to hand them over!!
    l
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally loving your blog, Karen! Your laundry is so pretty. I wish my kids could go to your daycare (bit far away, sad). What an enriching experience you are giving them - a truly wonderful gift. I am amazed by all the crafty stuff you're churning out! I miss my Opa but still have Oma. It's so funny, I know just what you mean about the Easter egg hunts and apple tart! We now have big Easter parties with lots of games and fun! Good luck, all the best with the baby meds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the same one I have! Its so nice to have great appliances isnt it, makes the day easier. I must say,in case you ddnt already know, I heard a few years back about a 5year old girl and her 3 year old brother playing hide and seek and the little girl hid in the machine and her brother turned it on and once the cycle reaches the 2 or 3 minute mark and fills with water you cant open the door so the little girl was stuck in there. Anyway, sorry to be glum but I tell everyone with a front loader that story beacuse it happens so quickly and is so scary. I always turn mine off at the wall after hearing that story.xx

    ReplyDelete