I'm getting mighty excited about moving! Its still about 3 months to go but judging by how fast this year has slipped away so far it will be upon us before we know it!
On the weekend while we were with Benny's family at our future house I couldn't help but daydream about how it will look when were there. I cant wait for spring days laying in the beautiful thick grass, surrounded by trees. I think the thing that excites me the most is that I will be bringing over an apple tree that I planted at Mums a few years ago (not the one I have all the apples from unfortunately, that beauty is older than I am:) When it is dormant over winter we will shift it and hopefully if all goes well it will survive with my loving care and provide us shade and delicious Fuji apples...... OK enough day dreaming!
Ive been taking some photos of our house to remember it down the track (when dare I say we might miss it a little) This is the daycare play area as it is this morning. Minus the snipped up paper, dolls upside down in their beds and scattered sultanas etc that I just cleaned up. No matter how hard I try to keep them on the table there are always random sultanas!
this area hasn't changed much if at all
The pin up board I'm finally happy with. It was painted purple, then I tried pink, then yellow... finally one day I carved off all the layers of paint with dads chisels, gave a light sand and a polish. Once I put it up I just smiled. Ahh, just how I didn't know I wanted it, perfect.
I pinned up the leaves from near Oma and Opas house (preserved by dipping in beeswax)
There are also some leaves from a peppercorn tree from one of our walks and the Autumn leaf on the right is made by Alison
Heres whats in the draws- blocks (the most played with toys! their creativity grows each day) books, trains and carsHere's the top draws (thank you blogger for getting my photos out of order and not letting me change them)
*wooden animals & people,
*nature finds, sand paper, toy polish (must find their polishing cloths, where on earth do they hide them?!)
*scrap paper etc to be recycled into new works of art
For our table I made this Autumny apple tree lantern. I painted it on two pieces of normal printer paper, brushed both sides with oil, let it soak in for a bit. I then wiped off the excess oil , stapled a whole sheet and half sheet of paper together, joined them at the back with a few more staples. I added a strip of silver card at the top and bottom to make it extra stable. It looks especially beautiful when lit in the evening, last night we watched it while eating pumpkin soup (again, josh loves pumpkin soup as much as I do:) Next Joshes dad Kym is bringing us what he thinks are squashes (I guess they must have self seeded too, how fun, mystery veggie crops!)








Hooray! How happy and lucky I am, Karen! Thank you so much. My children and I will so enjoy your beautiful treasures.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love your apple tree lantern. I will need to remember this for when autumn comes to us again.
Best wishes
Kelly
Everything looks so peaceful and comfortable! Love it!
ReplyDeleteDusti
www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com
You make everything so homey...
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
Such a beautiful space! I love seeing inside the drawers. It's neat to see how others organize.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find that lovely chest with the baskets? I would love something like that for my children's play area... Your room is just lovely. :) xo
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous play space!!!
ReplyDeletedipping leaves in wax!
ReplyDeletewhere on earth did you get that tip! !:! x