Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today im loving...

*Weather that is cool enough for winter winter woolies. I love this $1 wool jumper from the salvos (I found an opp shop open on Saturdays, yay) and stripey woolen top second hand from ebay. Im glad to have discovered that I love wearing wool. I thought I didn't like wearing wool but Ive found fine knits are comfortable on my skin. I started off last winter wearing an opp shopped cashmere cardi, then merino, and then I got brave enough for regular wool. Now I love them all 

*the masses of tiny butterflies in our garden. Every time I walk through the grass they flutter about happily (or maybe unhappily, seems I disturbed them!)


 This beautiful needle felted picture recieved from I swap I did recently with Marie of Softearthhart . Im also enjoying making a daisy chain garland for Maries friend who is starting a Steiner inspired playgroup ( she wanted a daisy chain to symbolise the children coming together, isnt that the sweetest idea:)
This colourfull felty mess on our couch side table:) (you can see in the basket a leaf garland and flower garland that have made their way to my shop yesterday. The leaf garland is already in a treasury)
My favourite plate.I thrifted this wooden plate for 50c. When I got it it was un finished and had a big bit of wood sticking up in the middle. Im not sure what it was supposed to be but with the help of a chisel and sand paper it transformed into a beautiful plate. (I may or may not have been eating that pizza for breakfast:)

Ive noticed that 149 people are now following allong this little blog of mine. Im thinking a give away would be a fun way to cellebrate when it gets to 150, dont you agree?

5 comments:

  1. A lovely post Karen, beaut photos, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, those garlands are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! The felt is downright precious!

    Dusti
    www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post, Karen. I love the images of the butterflies and I love your wooden plate. You find great treasures on your thrifting expeditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely glimpses into your life. You have inspired me with the candle making, will give it a go this afternoon with the girls!

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete