I have been sprouting alfalfa sprouts in a jar, ready for tasty sandwiches. They are sitting wonkily on a tea pot as the instructions say to 'leave the jar on a lean to drain excess moisture' so I improvised:)
Delicious organic freebie apples from my mums tree, yum!
Today is baking day so we made bread rolls. There are snails, a house, a rabbit and an echidna. They are outside rising while the children sleep, They will wake to the delicious smell of fresh bread for lunch!
Benny got us this new spice rack, I love all the cute little glass jars. Above it I have some rosemary and basil drying. Josh's dad brought me some organic pumpkins from a huge plant that self seeded and has taken over their old chicken coop. Tonight will be pumpkin soup for tea!During the week Benny works nights. I have found one up-side to not having him home in the evenings, I can cook vegetarian meals (which I prefer) I love making simple soups and stews. Last night I made a tomato salsa, bean and spinach pizza, yum!
I recently found two meal time blessing which I love saying with the children -
For lunch and tea time-
We are thankful for this food
For rest and home and all things good
For wind and rain and sun above
But most of all for those we love
For morning snack (or any other time we have fruit)-
Blessings on the blossom,
Blessings on the root,
Blessings on the leaf and stem,
Blessings on my fruit
This has nothing to with the kitchen but we have also been painting pictures on our tree stumps. Remember how I got free fire wood? Well i had 3 stumps for the children to balance and jump off and decided I needed 3 more. By the time I went back there wasn't much to choose from. I some how managed to haul 3 to the car thinking 'I must be able to do this, I got the other ones just fine'. When I got backed I realised that these ones were approximately DOUBLE the size of the others! Oh weal, its worth the sore strained muscles, I love them:)






Your kitchen looks so familiar! I actually took some pictures yesterday to post a "what my house looks like when its in use" post. I put the sprouts on a plate with the rim from a canning jar underneath. The water drains into a puddle on the plate.
ReplyDeleteYour rolls look cute. I was hoping to get some cute shape rolls made this week too.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like your jar needs to turned around with the open side down so the water drains out.
as long as you look after your back you can have your treestumps Amazing breadrolls nice for easter breakfast.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice visiting your blog and catching up on all the projects and activities, I really love those blessings too!
ReplyDeleteLots of healthy goodness in your home. :)
ReplyDelete