Wednesday, May 18, 2011

the rest of the quilts...

 Here are some of the vintage sewing machines that were displayed at the quilting show. They also had cute old pattern books and some other vintage sewing accessories
 This woodland themed quilt was one of my favourites
 Mum loved the fairy quilts
 All the ladies running the display were dressed in their old style Cornish outfits, some had adorable bonnets but I didn't get any photos of them. Look how tiny this lady's hand stitched hexagons are! She must have the patience of a saint
 I love this quilt too!
This is another one that featured beautiful stitcheries
 Afterward we caught up Benny and Dad (who had understandably ditched us to browse the nearby fishing supplies shop;) We had a drink at our favourite Moonta cafe 'Henry on George' (meaning on George street)
This is what our drink and cake looked like, yum:)

3 comments:

  1. Those Quilts are so cute!! I really like the one with the raccoon on it!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. those quilts are more than beautiful I envy these people who have the patience to make them and what joy when one can go and watch them I would have loved to be in that wonderful cafe the cakes are just superb there .

    ReplyDelete
  3. the raccons are adorable aren't they:) Oma, it would have been great if you could have come!

    ReplyDelete