Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On monday i needed an adventure. I wasnt feeling quite my happy self and wasnt quite sure why so i knew it was just what i needed, to get away and see some beauty outside.

It was a fun sort of a journey, It was the day before payday and all i had to my name was twenty dollars.

Fifteen dollars gave me fuel to take me where i wanted to go and $5 left for a snack along the way.

I drove off towards the sun, following the blue sky and puffy clouds. It was an unbelievably glorious day,

When i got to my new favourite beach i poured a cup of tea from my thermos and read a few pages from my book. Then i decided to go for a little wonder down the beach. My bare feet skipped along over waves and through sea foam, i went out as far as i could without wetting my rolled up jeans. Before i knew it, I was at the end of the beach. I walked up some stairs and looked back at the beach i had just walked. It sparkled and glissened as kids splashed about. In the distance i could see men fishing off the jetty near the small white dot that was my car.

I crossed the road and went down a boardwalk that i never knew existed. Id never walked this far. I came down to another beach. Less people were on this one,

On the way back i ran a few times. It was wonderful to run with my hair wild and free, lapping about in the wind. The sun beamed down in the corner of my eye

No comments:

Post a Comment