Friday, May 13, 2011

wondering

 I have always needed time to wonder about nature, breath in fresh air and feel connected with the world. I am thankful for Tuesday and Thursday morning walks. On these mornings I start at 8am with Riley and don't have others until 9:30. Although most 18 month olds are generally happy to occupy themselves, Riley is one that wants my constant attention which can be a bit much at 8am. I found a solution that keeps us both very happy. Out comes the pram (followed by the most hilarious excited facial expressions from Riley!) and off we go wondering off into the cool mornings.
Moments like this get me ready for the business of the day that is to come. I breath in the salty sea air, watch waves, close my eyes and take it all in while Riley is mesmerised and blissed out watching sea gully swoop,flap and play.
 These mornings help me feel calmness in my heart when I need it the most. They help me be the patient loving person I want to be
 I love having time to notice tiny beautiful things that its so easy to rush past in a hurry. One of my favourite things lately has been finding self seeded alyssums growing out of the gravely foot path in the most random spots. I love how happy and healthy they are all on their own. A few that were right in the walk way and would sooner or later be squashed have made their way to my garden. They are doing fantastically as you would imagine, after all only the strongest of seeds would manage to survive in such harsh conditions!
 Yesterday I enjoyed my walk so much that I took a second walk in the evening with the last little daycare boy
 We spent quite a while enjoying these peppercorn trees on the side of a little dirt road on our short cut to the playground. Port Wakefield has some amazing peppercorn trees, I've always meant to take photos of a few that are my favourites.
 These ones are undercut allow cars to pass underneath. They make the most magical play space

3 comments:

  1. Nature is the best grounding, isn't it? It amazes, astounds and delights...regularly, if we can just take the time to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah your blogger is back up! :)
    love your nature posts karen,,its so refreshing to get out and explore with kids. they see and show so much. hey, your white flower cluster pic reminded me of a little pretty cluster of white flowers i picked in tasmania while on a nature walk to feed the horses. on the way back i went into an allergic fit with swollen face and the lot. never finding out what...mentioned to my aussie mother in law who determined i'd picked and sniffed ONION FLOWERS!
    ((it's nice to get a flower guide when in a new country)) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful post. I could feel every bit of it with you. There is so much beauty to be appreciated each day. If we take the time to savor it we are richer for it!!

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete