For the past few winters I've wanted to make wet felted slippers, now that I've done quite a few wet felting projects I decided I was up for the challenge.
I followed this tutorial
here are my stripes placed on one side of my slippers
felting felting felting!
snipping the two slippers apart
Trying them on for the first time (thinking oh dear I hope they shrink a lot and get a whole lot cuter)
One shaped and one ready for shaping
Finished (for now, might shape them a bit more)
I'm pretty happy with them for a first attempt but I made the initial template a bit too big so they're a bit big for me. I think ill make another pair although these might fit well with thick socks. I cant wait until their dry, my feet are freezing!
edited to add-actually, just now ive put them in the dryer and been checking them every few mins and not only do they fit better, their almost dry! Yippe








i love the slippers~! i cant imagine freezing feet tho....we're on hard tiles in bare feet and it is nice and cooling. x
ReplyDeleteThey look real cool I must have a go, cheers Marie
ReplyDeleteKJ
ReplyDeleteHey little dude they look great
Love Dad
This was your first pair? Great job!
ReplyDeleteThey remind me of peppermint candies (a good thing).
Blessings, Debbie
Ooh . . . just what I need!
ReplyDeleteI love them!!!
ReplyDeleteHi karen~ I'm just popping back to say that the plant in my post today is probably about 25 years old. He has lived in that same pot for about 14 years (I know I'm a pathetic plant mama) and I just keep cutting him back when he hits the floor.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Debbie
awesome- I have been wanting to tackle this project for quite some time now! They look beautiful, friend!!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! I love them!
ReplyDeleteLovely (:
ReplyDeleteKaren ! the slippers look so beautiful !! Well done ... i had a farmers' market business for 10 years and i LOVED it ! good luck with it ! i know you will do sooo well ...
ReplyDeletelight and peace to you
I LOVE them! They look so comfy and pretty. I'll have to make these someday.
ReplyDeleteThey look awesome. I've found throwing felted items in the dryer can be really helpful sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI love them! And there Pink!
ReplyDeleteErin