Friday, May 27, 2011

Yay for friday!

 Ive made some lip balms for my next market stall and some 'lipstick bags' per a cute old Lady's request. I hope she likes them:) this batch of lip balms are honey beeswax, ill make a few other kinds too.

 This morning I took my camera on our walk again, it makes it even more fun.

I don't know what this plant is but it sure is pretty and fuzzy. The day care children like to tickle each other with the branches and pull of the fuzz to throw into the wind. It drifts down slowly and makes us all smile

I'm so happy for it to be Friday, this weekend just couldn't come fast enough! We are going to the fertility specialist (for those that doesn't know, I have poly cystic ovarian syndrome and have been trying for the last 2.5 years to get pregnant) this afternoon and then don't have much planned except a friends 21st but that's perfect because I'm worn out.
Finally work has gotten just too much, starting 8am and not being able to go to bed until Josh is picked up at 10pm. Not only that I've just been feeling so drained seeing basically only toddlers all week while Benny is on afternoon so I asked Josh's dad to find someone to have him a few days and he found someone that can have him at his home so starting next week I will have Mondays off  and Thursdays finish at 4 so that I can go shopping in town with Benny and his parents (we go once a fortnight as its an hour away. Ive been missing out since I started having Josh evenings)
I'm excited for my child free evenings, not that I mind having him but  I just miss being able to go to the beach, visiting friends etc which I cant do at the moment because its all to far away to take him. If things go well with Josh's new babysitter he wont come anymore as he's starting kindy soon at their town which is 30mins or so away. This is nice in a way but I'm nervous that I might be short of work for a little while (having him is almost half my income) I have another family that wants care so I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to have them and not have to do early mornings. Ill be happy in a few weeks when I'm out of this time of transition and can relax!

8 comments:

  1. The lip balms are sure to sell well! Honey lip balm, can't go wrong with that! And the bags are cute!
    We've been seeing a fertility specialist for ages and know wht you're going through. I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lip balms and the little pouches are very attractive looking! Good luck and good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lip balms look wonderful, but your pictures are phenomenal!! Wow!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to make lip balm for years now, but do you suppose I could get around to it? I even have my own beeswax for heaven's sake. But no homemade lip balm. Yet.

    Beautiful photos.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for visiting!
    I love your blog :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen! My jaw has just dropped open seeing all the amazing stuff you've been doing! You are one creative and productive lady. Wow. WOW! And everything looks so beautiful and matchy with those lovely calm pastel colours - really lovely. You're very cool. I know how difficult it must be to be trying for a family....you are still birthing beautiful creations of a different kind. Really inspiring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog today. I just hopped over and am already smitten. Your photos are so clean, crisp and inspiring. Everything out my doors and windows is green, green, green. And you are rocking the whites, tans, browns, pastels.
    Oh, and those bee balms look divine. I've been hoping to get to making some balm at home someday. Maybe you'll post a how-to/recipe???
    Cheers, and thanks for finding me so I could find your space.

    ReplyDelete