Thursday, May 19, 2011

wooly wooly pants and a nearly finished rag rug

 I am beyond excited about what came in the mail today!
A few months ago I realised that I was in need of some warm winter pants. I decided to search for some stretch merino wool pants. I knew they would be pricey but I'm all about quality over quantity. My absolute favourite pair were yoga pants (the kind with a wide waist band that folds over instead of elastic, so comfy) from Merino Country but they were $150 and I really needed two pairs.
Since then I've been regularly checking ebay to see if I could find anything similar with no luck whatsoever (I only once saw a pair of stretchy merino pants in size XXL) until the other day I found the exact Merino Country pants I had been wanting in my exact size! Two pairs! I managed to win the auction and got both pairs for 2/3 of what it would have otherwise cost for one pair new. They look brand new and I couldn't be happier (or cozier or warmer) with them. Yep, these were meant to be my pants
Look how big my rag rug is getting! A few more rounds and it will be finished. As you can see its already in use. So far none of the day care children have discovered the loose end that if pulled will unravel my hard work, that's a plus

13 comments:

  1. oh my gosh!! your rug is beautiful. i've got to pick mine back up, its been ignored for quilting,,,, love it !x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pants look lovely on you And I adore the rug ,you have to teach me how to make one did you say they were from an old sheet? I must be wrong because there are so many colours in it.and you know Oma is not too handy so I have no idea how to make these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelina- cant wait to see yours when its finished, your gorgeous quilt is well worth the delay though!

    Oma- yes ill show you how to make the rug, im sure you'l find it quite easy with all the fidly crochet you do. Its made from quite a few old sheets (well parts of old sheets, ive saved some bits to make a bath mat next), you tear or cut 1inch strips and tie them together to make your thick "yarn" to crochet with

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, the pants are fabulous!
    Did you crochet the rug? I always love what you make...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That rug is amazing, I love it!! And congrats on the pants they look nice and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the rug... I would love to know how you did it!

    I am your newest follower!
    http://lifeasalake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rug is beautiful! Those pants look really comfy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Ebay for bargains just like you found. Yoga pants are the best!! The colours in your rug are wonderful, really beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome deal on the yoga pants and the rug is so attractive, I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspire me. I've always wanted to make a rag rug. I've just got to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the rug is aawesome!
    i am 3/4's thru crocheting a rug. Is this crocheted?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, the thrill of the hunt and the joy of the find! Way to go. I teach kindergarten and my little rug rats can and do find every little string to pull! Glad your rug has survived!

    ReplyDelete