Saturday, May 21, 2011

my first market

 Today was my first market stall. I was nervous and so worn out from a busy week that I considered cancelling but I'm glad I went, it was lots of fun!
Here's my stall. I was supposed to bring a table cloth but I don't own a single one let alone one big enough for a trestle table! so I used a quilt I made a while ago instead. On my stall I had lots of things from my shop, all the things I posted about the other day plus some wheat and lavender bags, lavender draw sachets and little bits and pieces
Both my parents were able to come and help me which was great and my friend Sarah is keen to help me next time so it will be lots of fun too:)
  although I had wanted to be outside in their beautiful garden I enjoyed being inside, especially when I went out part way through and realised how windy it was!
 I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a friendly little community the stall holders are, they made us feel so welcome and were so enthusiastic about all my hand mades which was a much needed confidence booster. Caterina, the lady that runs the markets even swapped a wool felt crown for my stall fee which was great (i love swaps, it almost feels like getting things for free and theres something special about free stuff:) and she ordered a second one for her grandson too.
 she gave me the idea to light some of my candles and lent me this pretty candle holder. The lit candles made my stall look so cute

10 comments:

  1. my dear dear dear karen...i would have bought so much at your shop. it is truly adorable. lit beeswax candles, gorgeous (8$??) heatpacks, wool roven flowergarlands, all sitting on a quilt i am in love with. can we please just merge into one being already...or at least do a trade soon! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use the quilt Karen, looks so much nicer than a tablecloth and makes a nice background for all your items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stall looked adorable! I love the quilt as a tablecloth. I am sure I would have loved browsing through all of your pretty hand-mades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, everything looks beautiful!!! Would you consider letting me order some things from you and shipping them to NC? Let me know <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stall looks beautiful! I'm so glad you decided to go through with it. Such a lovely location, too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good experience. I love the flower garland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks great as a table covering, I usually use a vintage floral sheet so I can wash it afterwards - kids and grubby hands like to loiter around my felt toys!
    Your stall looks great and what a beautiful place to spend the day. I hope it was as successful as it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looks gorgeous. I'm so proud of you,i knew you would enjoy it you just had to be brave enough to give it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute market you hvae... I would love to sit and sip tea after browsing and buying WOW! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your stall looks so lovely, congratulations, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete